We are associated with a group of freedom-loving Americans living in Douglas County, Colorado, a beautiful area of family neighborhoods and ranches about 45 minutes southeast of Denver. We became alarmed when we discovered how HUDs insultingly named Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing, AFFH, rule imposed on our community and how it will invade our peaceful way of life.
CEO, AFFH.net Opposition Group©
IBM Sr. Exec Architect, rtd
Economics, University of Florida, Warrington College of Business
Chief of Media Relations, AFFH.net Opposition Group©
Why We Care About AFFH
Called Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) the rules impose the feds’ idea of income and housing “equality” upon our communities, whether the community is guilty of discrimination or not. HUDs goal for achieving a racial balance is to compel the suburbs to build high-density housing and urbanize our neighborhoods, thus eroding our suburbs as much as possible.
Because the HUD AFFH rulescan be coming soon to your neighborhood, whether or not your community takes HUD grant money. This drastic HUD overreach will change your lives. And not in a good way.
The HUD edicts:
- Burden communities with weighty reporting requirements that will cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars. Read HUD’s “Assessment Tool” detailing their demands.
- Expose your community to millions in lawsuits if HUD or a third party sues, claiming inaccuracy in these voluminous reports
- Rob local control from the officials we know and elect and instead hand it over to unaccountable bureaucrats in Washington, D.C.
- Can greatly increase our taxes by requiring our communities to build light rail and thousands of new high-density, low-income housing units
- Destroy our property values
- Dictate where our schools, parks and recreation must be located
The new HUD rules are no joke, and no tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory. HUD is already wielding its iron fist in places like Westchester County, which has been ordered by HUD to build low-income housing units lawsuit settlement that has cost them millions of dollars.